Modified from http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/its-time-for-me-to-go.28778/:
Recent events from June 2014 forth have forced my hands, and I have decided to stop now rather than risk losing my life in the bloody sea known as the “Minecraft community”, or lack thereof.
I have been playing since July 2011 and have seen many things unfold, including the recent EULA, UUID, and now Bukkit drama sagas. Given all the signs I have observed this year, I’ve concluded that it is best for me to leave Minecraft behind, at least for now. I will keep monitoring the situation as it unfolds, but I am not expecting any miracles given the general trend.
- I am resigning as a Spigot Wiki Team member.
- I will no longer offer support for my plugins unless you pay me a support fee. This support fee will only allow you to have support for RedisBungee, AdvancedBungeeAnnouncer, and HubMagic. Please contact me at [email protected] for more details. Those of you on Skype, I will be contacting you shortly.
- I will be keeping an eye on things over the next few months.
In the future:
- I will be supporting the plugins mentioned above (RedisBungee, AdvancedBungeeAnnouncer, and HubMagic), unless all my customers drop dead. Afterwards, I will no longer offer any support whatsoever.
- In the case the situation improves, I will possibly return.
- Before anyone speculates, I am not certain what will happen to The Chunk, but it’s not going to immediately disappear at the present moment.
Where I will be heading is uncertain; I will looking into several options over the next few months. It is too early to see where I will head.
I have several people and groups I’d like to thank:
- vemacs: I first found him on /r/admincraft in November 2012 and we have since then developed a good relationship with him. vemacs, thank you very much.
- The Chunk: The Chunk has been an excellent experience for me and it’s taught me a lot. Thank you, Mac and crew.
- md_5: Spigot and BungeeCord have been the greatest things that have happened to me in my Minecraft years. Thank you.
- My father: He died last month from complications from a motorcycle crash, but you’ve encouraged me to power on, no matter what the circumstances are.
- Every RedisBungee user: Thank you very much for using my software. I have been blown away and amazed at its use on large and small networks alike.
- You, for reading this and realizing my valuable contributions.
-Tux, September 5, 2014